The Haitian Diaspora Federation (HDF) hosted a Board of Directors’ Retreat at Toussaint L’Ouverture High School for Arts & Social Justice in Delray Beach, Florida from April 5 – 7, 2013. Invitations were sent to several interested parties. As stated in numerous preliminary correspondences with all involved, the HDF Board sought to do the following at the retreat:
- · Consider all submitted proposals for the vision and future of the HDF; persons or organizations submitted proposals either in person or teleconference.
- · Review the mission and vision of the HDF;
- · Determine its areas of work and priorities;
- · Determine how to fund its work;
- · Consider amendments to its by-laws including expansion of the board;
- · Review and adopt suitable structure of the HDF;
- · Establish an advisory board and determine its role;
- · Hold elections of its 2013 officers.
The Board made significant progress in addressing the above objectives, such as expansion of the Board and membership for greater inclusion.
The Board of the Haitian Diaspora Federation is composed of the following individuals, representing their respective organizations: the National Organization for the Advancement of Haitians (NOAH), by Dr.- Colonel-Commissioner Joseph Baptiste, DDS; The Haitian League, by Dr. Bernier Lauredan, Sr., M.D.; the Haitian Alliance Coalition of Georgia by Ms. Delbie Noel; The Haitian American Engineers and Scientists Continue reading